Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Yeahhhh !! Finally I have got some work now !!

CAUTION: read this article only if u understand how the INDIAN IT companies work!! particularly with freshers


For the first time after joining *A**A* (after 248 DAYS!!) i get a feeling that i am doing something useful and something which adds to my knowledge & experience!! yeah...i have been assigned some sort of work finally.
After completing 110 days of training and waiting almost 135 days for a role in a project to be assigned....finally my wait seems to be over now.

the saying "opportunities doesn't come to u,u need to create the opportunity" came true in my case.a bit of luck favored me(no denying that).but had I not put in few efforts to get some work this might have turned out to be a never ending saga.i am happy(at least for the moment) that i have finally got something useful. but i feel really sorry for all my batch mates who are still waiting...waiting...waiting... no clue when their wait is gonna over.the worst part of this pathetic situation is...our company is planning to re-train all my batch-mates in some other technology!!(i hope at least this works)otherwise..it takes 1 month to get re-trained on a specific skill and then at least another 1 month to get a project. so my company takes away 60 more days of their life.(good for ppl who dont want to work).

we used to wonder how a company can pay such a huge junk of employees who are not contributing to the growth of the company in any way(absolutely 0 % productivity & 100% salary). there are no less than 4000 employees at any point in time who are on bench for at least4 months..and on an odd occasion u will find that extending to even 12months!! gosh!! that was my first reaction...but slowly i got used to the circumstances. and it is no longer a surprise to anyone.

i have started working now!! yeah hard to believe...but that is the way my company works!! & they claim themselves to be one of the best employers in the country!!

Good Luck mates...LUCK is the only thing which can changes ur lives now!!

No comments: